Creating Messy Curly Space Buns
Table of Contents
Messy Curly Space Buns are all about embracing your natural curls and having fun with your hair. This trendy hairstyle is a fantastic choice for many reasons. Not only does it look effortlessly stylish, but it’s also perfect for those busy mornings when you want to look good without spending hours on your hair. Whether you’re heading to school, work, or a night out, Messy Curly Space Buns can be your go-to option. They offer a carefree and playful vibe that complements your curls and adds a touch of personality to your look
Why Choose Messy Curly Space Buns?
Messy Curly Space Buns are favored for several reasons:
These buns exude a laid-back charm that’s both fashionable and easy to achieve. You don’t need to be a hair expert to pull off this look.
They let your curly hair shine. Instead of fighting your curls, Messy Space Buns work with them, emphasizing their natural beauty.
Whether you’re going to a casual outing, a formal event, or just hanging out with friends, these buns can adapt to any occasion.
They’re a time-friendly choice for those busy mornings or when you’d rather sleep in a little longer than spend hours on your hair.
Messy Curly Space Buns allow you to express your unique style. You can make them as neat or as disheveled as you like, adding a touch of individuality to your appearance.
1. Preparing Your Curly Hair
Before crafting your fabulous Messy Curly Space Buns, it’s crucial to prepare your curly hair. This process involves a few essential steps to ensure your buns turn out just the way you want.
Washing and Conditioning
Begin with a clean canvas – your curls! Here’s how to go about it:
Use a sulfate-free shampoo, specifically designed for curly hair. Gently massage it into your scalp, and then let the suds flow through your hair. Rinse thoroughly.
Apply a generous amount of conditioner from mid-length to the ends. Detangle your hair using a wide-toothed comb while the conditioner is in. Leave it on for a few minutes, allowing it to work its magic. Rinse with cold water for extra shine.
To create the best Messy Curly Space Buns, it’s essential to add some texture to your curls. Here’s how:
- After washing, gently squeeze out excess water with a microfiber towel. Avoid wringing your hair, as it can lead to frizz.
- Apply a curl-enhancing cream or mousse while your hair is still damp. This will help define your curls and reduce frizz.
- You can either let your hair air dry naturally or use a diffuser attachment on your hairdryer. The diffuser helps maintain the shape of your curls while speeding up the drying process.
Heatless Curling Techniques
Creating messy curls without heat is a fantastic way to preserve the health of your hair. Here are a few heatless techniques:
- After your hair is mostly dry, braid it into a few sections. Leave the braids in until your hair is fully dry for lovely waves.
- Twist sections of your hair into rope-like strands and secure them with hair ties. Allow them to dry before unraveling.
These handy tools can help you achieve bouncy, heat-free curls. Just roll your hair around them and secure them. Wait for your hair to dry, then remove the rods or rollers.
2. Gathering Your Hair
Now that your curly hair is prepared and full of texture, it’s time to gather it and get ready to create those stunning Messy Curly Space Buns.
Sectioning Your Hair
To ensure your space buns turn out even and well-balanced, follow these steps for sectioning:
Top and Bottom Sections:
Divide your hair into two sections, separating the top part from the bottom. You can use a comb or your fingers to create a straight part just above your ears.
Secure the Bottom:
Clip or tie the bottom section out of the way. This will make it easier to work with the top section when you’re creating your buns.
Curly hair can sometimes be prone to frizz, which might not be the look you’re going for with Messy Curly Space Buns. Here’s how to keep frizz at bay:
Use a Frizz Control Product:
Apply a frizz-control serum or cream to your hair. Gently scrunch it into your curls, focusing on the areas that tend to get frizzy.
Avoid Excessive Touching:
The more you touch your hair, the more likely it is to frizz. Try to handle it as little as possible during the styling process.
Silk or Satin Pillowcases:
Sleeping on silk or satin pillowcases can help reduce frizz by preventing your hair from rubbing against cotton or other rough fabrics.
3. Creating the Buns
Now that your curly hair is prepped and gathered, it’s time to dive into the exciting process of creating your Messy Curly Space Buns.
Space Bun Placement
Choosing the right placement for your space buns is essential for a balanced and stylish look:
High or Low:
Decide whether you want your space buns high on your head, closer to your crown, or lower down near your ears. This choice affects the overall style and shape.
Ensure that both buns are placed symmetrically on either side of your head. You can use a mirror to help maintain evenness.
Wisting and Wrapping Technique
This is the creative heart of crafting Messy Curly Space Buns:
- Unclip the top section, and divide it into two equal parts for your buns.
- Take one of the divided sections and twist it tightly. The tighter you twist, the neater the bun will be.
- After twisting, start wrapping the twisted section around itself. Keep wrapping until you’ve formed a bun shape. Tuck the ends under the bun.
- Use bobby pins or hair ties to secure the bun in place.
Securing the Buns
The final step to creating your Messy Curly Space Buns:
- Insert bobby pins into the bun to ensure it stays in place. You may need several pins to secure it.
- Alternatively, you can use hair ties to secure the buns.
- Take a look in the mirror and adjust the buns for symmetry. You can loosen some curls for a messier look, or tighten them for a neater appearance.
4. Messing It Up
The charm of Messy Curly Space Buns lies in their relaxed and carefree appearance. To achieve that effortlessly chic look, you can employ these techniques to add a touch of messiness and flair to your buns:
Teasing for Volume
- Gently tease the hair at the base of each bun. This creates volume and a fuller appearance.
- Use a comb or a teasing brush to gently lift and tease the roots. Remember not to overdo it; you want a messy look, not a tangled one.
- Carefully pull out a few individual curls or strands from each bun. This step adds to the messy effect and gives your space buns a relaxed appearance.
- Feel free to pull out strands of varying lengths to create a natural and dynamic look.
Adding a Texturizing Product
- Applying a small amount of dry shampoo or texturizing spray to your buns can give them a more matte and textured finish. Simply spritz and scrunch for added character.
- A tiny amount of hair wax or pomade can help you shape and mold your buns while maintaining that messy charm.
Troubleshooting Common Issues
Sometimes, even with the best efforts, you might encounter a few hiccups with your Messy Curly Space Buns. Here’s how to address two common issues:
If you find your buns slipping or not staying in place:
- Use more bobby pins or hair ties to secure the buns firmly. Make sure they’re tight but not uncomfortable.
- Apply a texturizing product to your hair before creating the buns. This can give your hair more grip and help the buns stay in place.
- Lightly spritz your buns with hairspray after creating them. This can help them hold their shape better.
Dealing with Stubborn Frizz
For taming frizz, especially in humid conditions:
- Apply a frizz-fighting serum or a few drops of hair oil to the frizzy areas. Gently smooth down the frizz with your hands.
- Mix water and a small amount of conditioner in a spray bottle. Spritz this on the frizzy parts and scrunch gently to redefine your curls.
- If a few curls are really misbehaving, you can disguise them with a stylish silk scarf or headband.