Best Way To Air Dry Relaxed Hair
Table of Contents
Treating your hair right is a key element in achieving success. You need to make sure you’re using the right products and that you’re giving your hair the right care. When your hair is relaxed, the best way to dry it is by air drying. This is a much better option than using a blow dryer, which can damage your hair. By air drying your hair, you will help keep it healthy and looking its best. There are a few tips you can use to make sure your hair dries correctly.
What Is Relaxed Hair?
Relaxed hair is a type of hair that has been chemically treated to loosen its natural curl. This makes the hair more manageable and often easier to style. Relaxed hair can be either straight or curly, depending on the person’s natural hair type.
One of the biggest differences between relaxed and natural hair is how much care it requires. Relaxed hair must be regularly moisturized and conditioned to avoid becoming dry and brittle. Natural hair, on the other hand, does not require as much care and can often be styled using simple methods like braiding or twisting.
What Is Air Drying?
Air drying is a process in which you have to dry your hair on its own after deep conditioning without using a blow-dry. It uses the lowest temperature available to dry your hair. It’s important to remember that your hair is actually quite fragile, so strategies like air-drying your hair are designed to soften the hair and make it easier to manage. It’s important that you take care of your hair and make sure it’s well-conditioned before you start air drying.
If you’re unfamiliar with air drying, it’s a variation of the hairdryer principle. It’s used to allow hair to dry without the use of heat.
How To Air Dry Relaxed Hair?
Air drying is one of the most convenient ways to dry hair, but it’s also one of the most common mistakes that newbie air dryers make. To air-dry relaxed hair, you will have to invest a significant amount of time and effort into it. If done correctly, air drying relaxed hair can be very easy, but if you have any doubts about the results, you can try out different techniques until you find one that works best for you.
To air-dry relaxed hair is a difficult task that even the most dedicated hairstylists won’t always be able to achieve. Luckily, if you have the right product, you can easily achieve an air-dried look with ease. This blog will help you learn the best way to air dry relaxed hair.
The Benefits Of Air Drying Your Hair
- It prevents your hair from becoming frizzy and tangled.
- It helps your hair to retain its natural oils, which keeps it healthy and shiny.
- Air drying is a low-heat method of drying your hair, which helps to prevent damage.
- It is a time-saving method of drying your hair – it usually takes less time than using a hair dryer.
- Air drying is a cost-effective method of drying your hair – you don’t need to use any electricity to do it.
- It is a convenient method of drying your hair – you can do it anywhere, anytime.
- A gentle method of drying your hair, which is ideal for those with delicate or damaged hair.
- Air drying helps to keep your hairstyle looking neat and tidy.
- A healthy way to dry your hair – it doesn’t produce any heat or moisture damage.
- The best way to dry your hair if you want to maintain its health and shine!
How To Style Air-Dried Relaxed Hair?
Some of the styles are as follows:
1. The Tousled Look:
This style is perfect for air-drying relaxed hair that has a bit of natural curl or wave to it. To create this look, begin by towel drying your hair, then use a texturizing product to add definition and volume. Next, scrunch your hair up with your hands until it’s mostly dry. Finally, let your hair air dry the rest of the way.
2. The Beachy Wave:
This style is perfect for air-drying relaxed hair that has a bit of natural wave to it. Use a texturizing product to add definition and volume. Next, scrunch your hair up with your hands until it’s mostly dry. Finally, let your hair air dry the rest of the way, tousling it as you go to create waves.
3. The Sleek and Straight:
This style is perfect for air-drying relaxed hair that is straight or slightly wavy. To create this look, begin by towel drying your hair and then using a smoothing serum to tame any frizziness. Next, part your hair in the middle and use a flat iron to straighten it completely. Finally, let your hair air dry the rest of the way.
4. The Curly Twist:
This style is perfect for air-drying relaxed hair that has natural curls or waves. To create this look, begin by towel drying your hair and then using a curl-defining cream to add definition and hold. Next, divide your hair into four sections and twist each section tightly away from your face. Let your hair air dry the rest of the way and then untwist each section when it’s completely dry.
Common Treatments Used To Air Dry Relaxed Hair
There are a few different treatments women can use to find the best way to air dry relaxed hair.
- One popular treatment is using a brush to help distribute the natural oils from your scalp down to the ends of your hair. This will help keep your hair hydrated and minimize frizz.
- Another popular treatment is to apply a moisturizing product, such as a leave-in conditioner or styling cream, to the hair and comb it through.
- Another option is to use a diffuser to help spread the moisture evenly throughout the hair. Either way, it’s important to allow the hair to air dry slowly and naturally to prevent frizzing and maintain the natural curl pattern.
Tips About Best Way To Air Dry Relaxed Hair
If you’re looking for the best way to air dry relaxed hair, here are some tips for air drying.
- Use a microfiber towel to soak up the water and reduce frizz.
- Avoid rubbing your hair with the towel, which can cause frizz and damage.
- Part your hair into four sections and clip them up to air dry.
- If you have curly or wavy hair, scrunch it with a moisturizing gel while it’s wet to define the curls.
- Once your hair is completely dry, unclip the sections and style as desired.
- If you have straight hair, use a flat iron or curling iron to style as desired
- Use a light serum or oil to add shine and protect your hair from the heat of styling tools.
Air drying takes a little longer than using a blow dryer, but it’s worth it for the health of your hair.
Getting The Best Results
One of the best things about air drying relaxed hair is that it helps to preserve the natural oils in the hair. This means that your hair will be less likely to become dry and brittle. In order to get the best results, make sure to avoid using any type of heat styling tool. If you do need to use a straightener or curling iron, make sure that the temperature is set low.
5. FAQs About Air Drying Relaxed Hair
Is it safe to air dry relaxed hair?
Yes, it is safe to air dry relaxed hair. However, be sure to use a moisturizing product to help keep your hair healthy and hydrated.
Why is my hair greasy after air drying?
If your hair is greasy after air drying, it may be because you’re not using a conditioner. Try using a conditioner after you shampoo to help keep your hair from becoming greasy.
How do I add volume to air-dried hair?
To add volume to air-dried hair, start by using a volumizing spray or mousse. Next, use your fingers to tease the roots of your hair and then style as desired.
How do you air dry black hair?
To add volume to air dried hair, start by using a volumizing spray or mousse. Next, use your fingers to tease the roots of your hair and then style as desired.